Roll for Sanity


Mostly about tabletop and laptop role-playing games.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Aslan Battle of the Sexes

It took me awhile. But I finally finished the career template code for my Aslan character generator for Mongoose Traveller. I'm writing the code in Python (my favorite language of all time since deciding to learn it a year ago).

I'm using the career rules from the Mongoose Alien Module 1 book. The Traveller Core Rulebook and Vargr careers were easier to make templates for. But for Aslan, careers and skills are masculine or feminine. And some are for both. So that added a layer of data checking. I don't mind the extra complexity. More fun for me to solve in Python. And I get to learn more about one of the alien races in Traveller in the process.

Notice that I didn't use the word sophont. Such a dumb word. Oh, you didn't notice? Good. Then you haven't been politically corrupted.

No comments:

Post a Comment